Monday 25 June 2007

Pick up game

Points: 1500
Mission: Recon, gamma
Opponent: Steve Leaves
Opposition: Templars

Massacre win

Steve and I were assisting at our club (Spiky Club, Reading) annual fantasy tournament "Tides of Chaos" and after an easy first day we arranged a game on the spare table on the Sunday. Much to the disgust of the other players we threw oodles of scenery on the board and started rolling up mission (Eh whats one of them). Steve has a very mobile list with several bike squads and big squads in Rhino's, with a couple of tanks in support. The scenery had a fairly large centre of low levels so there were plenty of good firing corridors and a nice woods to hide my right flank which the infantry dived up leaving the armour to hold the approaching Templars. First turn i was lucky a immobilise the vindicator creating a bottle neck of Templar tanks allowing me to pick them off one at a time. Steve had to quickly re-route his bikes to deal with my armour and try to free his tanks some space to manoeuvre. But the my Tactical squad in rhino rushed his bikes and destroyed them. Mid game Steve couldn't even start to move his forces near my lines so went in for the kill hoping I couldn't take all his tanks and marines before he got to me. The Codicier then came into his own, holding up marines with Fury and then charging in selling his life very dearly. I really need to stop using suicidal Codiciers but they seem to work quite well. So with Steve's lines held I moved into his lines getting everything bar the Codicier and Assault squad there.

Losses:
1 IV Company Assault marines
5 VII Company Assault marines
1 IV Company Tactical marine
1 Codicier

No comments: