Sunday 5 August 2007

What next, or rather who's next?

So with twenty or so games played with just slightly better than a 2:1 win loss ratio and the Chapter down to around 70% fighting strength where do I go from here?

Two possibilities I've been looking at are either Drop-podding but that means getting or making drop pods. Or a large infiltrating force with a couple of tanks to try to pull my opponents deployment in my favour.

The other worry is at this rate i wont have anything left to take to the GT in November? Or not anything like a competitive army, so do i work one out now and play around that list or take it slow for a bit or just go hell for leather and hope my recent poor form improves?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

I'm working on a film set all next week so will be unable to play a game but I will post any other ideas and of course look forward to seeing if you've got any.

Cheers

Charley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bikes, mate, it's gotta be the bikes.

You've currently got 72% of your assault marines remaining - versus 60% of your tacticals, and 52% of the devastators. You've also got all the bikes and attack bikes still in the garages, waiting to go. I wouldn't necessarily suggest the full-bore "all-bike" army, but Swift as the Wind backed up by a few tanks couldn't hurt for a few games.

As for the long-term objectives of what to take to the heats - well, if (and this is purely a hypothetical), but if all the restrictions of the Sons were removed, what would you want to take - based on your experiences so far?