Sunday 5 August 2007

Pick up game

Points: 2000
Mission: Recon, Omega
Opponent: Tom Ralph
Opposition: Tyranids

Draw

Things seemed to be going well in this game, Toms big gribblies were coming on slowly so i could pick at them as i chose and I was killing off the threats one by one. Unfortunately when the flying Tyrant turned up he quickly blasted his way through two six man Tactical Squads mainly due to my inability to roll 3+ saves but also just to the ammount of re-rollable shots/re-rollable wounds (Lots of twin linked Devourers) Finally having avoided his carnifexes and other Tyrant and with enough in Toms Deployment zone I thought I was quids in. Unfortunately a misjudged distance allowed his Tyrant a Str10 warp blast shot at my Crusader, the only shot of the game at it, which duly blew it sky high. Ah well back to the drawing board eh.

Losses:
1 Land Raider Crusader
12 V Tactical Marines
6 VIII Assault Marines
6 IX Devastator Marines

No comments: